Oz Child delivers a diverse range of programs aiming to improve life opportunities for all children, particularly the most vulnerable in our community. Our service delivery comprises two Service areas - Southern and Outreach. We operate programs throughout the Southern Metropolitan Region of Melbourne and our Outreach Programs are delivered wherever and whenever they are needed.
If you are interested in being part of ongoing innovation and the development of leading edge services consider us as the employer for you.
Oz Child provides generous salary packaging and leave conditions, a commitment to flexible working hours and a supportive, learning environment, with opportunities for professional development.
We are known for the quality and innovation of our services which include the following:
- We are the single largest foster care provider in the southern region of Melbourne, including a significant sibling program. We aim to make a real difference in the lives of children in our care. Together with the Australian Childhood Foundation we provide a therapeutic foster care program and using our independent funds have an Education Action Worker supporting educational outcomes for children in foster care.
- Our Kith and Kin Program has expanded and we now deliver a unique Kinship Program, assessing extended family members or friends as carers as an alternative to mainstream foster care
- We provide a range of disability programs that provide both longer term and respite care for children and families. Our Recharge and Interim Placements Program have been mentioned for "best practice in support" by DHS.
- We deliver a range of services to assist families who need extra support through counselling or intensive intervention before issues become overwhelming right throughout the Mornington Peninsula and Frankston.
- Our staff support families and children in need, working closely with committed and caring volunteers and carers.
Our Outreach Area is dynamic and unique in that it enables us to deliver programs and services wherever and whenever we are requested to do so. There are opportunities for staff both in salaried roles and as contractors: we can usually match the employment needs of individuals in line with work – life balance.
Some opportunities include:
- Support in Schools – allied health professionals to support schools to add value to their student wellbeing programs
- Teaching in our Community VCAL programs – this year we have young people completing their VCAL with us in a Community setting, rather than in a school.
- Delivering our "Lift Off With Language" program – a phonological awareness program that employs speech pathologists to work alongside primary school teachers to enable non-readers to read.
- Providing one of our Lifestyles programs: those aimed at improving resilience -Bright ideas, Opt in, Taking Charge; and our Healthy and Active Families program which supports parents to understand more about childhood obesity and the relationship between diet and activity through a behaviour management approach.
Featured jobs from Oz Child
- Job Location
- Gippsland Region, VIC
- Job Salary
- Salary not specified
- Job Features
- Travel required (across Gippsland)
- Part time 0.8 EFT, Fixed term (Dec 2015) with
- Vehicle included in generous package
- Job Description
The work of the School Focused Youth Service (SFYS) program at OzChild is driven by the needs of at risk young people and closely linked to schools...… More details